- Additional information
Simpson Hybrid Sport Frontal Head Restraint (FHR) Device
Simpson Hybrid Sport Frontal Head Restraint (FHR) Device is the only FIA 8858-2010 Approved Head and Neck Restraint on the market that protects during front, offset and side impacts.
Designed for easily exiting the car without the danger of getting hung up on other gear. The Hybrid device sits on your back/shoulders; not over the chest or collarbone as with the old HANS-type devices. As well as this, they provide you with maximum comfort and manoeuvrability.
An evolution of the Hybrid Pro Rage, the new Hybrid Sport device improves upon the design and technology which promises the racer an improved product while retaining the same price range as the old model.
The Simpsons Hybrid Sport is lighter, weighing in at 20% less for the large (including hardware).
The DuPont carbon/polymer construction is sleek, modern and appealing. Due to the defined wings, it also allows for better harness containment.
Sliding tethers and a multi-tether system enhances the side to side range of movement and field of vision. The Hybrid Sport is both SFI 38.1 and FIA certified.
Features of the Simpson Hybrid Sport Frontal Head Restraint (FHR) Device:
- ‘Slide’ design offers increased visibility
- DuPont carbon/polymer construction
- Unrivalled angular impact protection and device stability
- Low profile. No high back to hook on the bars on exit
- Minimalistic design. Compact size under 7“
- Multiple load paths to dissipate head loads
- Buckle attachment in front. No bulky straps underneath
- FIA8858-2010 approved
- Weight – approximately 956 grams complete
The Hybrid Sport is supplied ready to fit to your existing FIA Hans posts or can be specified with optional M61 quick release tethers / anchors. These M61 anchors are fitted in place of your original Hans posts.
- HANS – Post Anchor – These tethers allow the driver to use the Hybrid device with helmets that have standard fitment HANS anchors already fitted (or the correct approval to retro-fit anchors). Approved for helmets FIA 8858-2002 / FIA 8858-2010 standard or higher.
- M61 – Quick Release – These tethers allow the driver to release the restraint by a simple pull on the cord attached to the helmet. Approved for helmets FIA 8858-2010 standard or higher. Ideal for Rallying where the helmet may be taken on and off more frequently (i.e. between stages).
NB: Please note – the image shown to illustrate the slide tethers is actually of that of the full carbon Hybrid Pro Slide model. The sliding tethers work just the same on the composite version.
For the best fitting please read and follow the chart below.
You may also like…
Stilo Trophy DES Rally Composite Helmet£369.00 – £469.00 (inc VAT)
Motamec Racing Lightweight 6Pt HANS Specific Competition Harness£149.00 (inc VAT)
Sparco Sprint RS-2.1 FIA Approved Racesuit£345.00 – £359.00 (inc VAT)
Motamec Racing Evo-Two FIA Approved Bucket Race Seat£279.00 – £555.00 (inc VAT)